What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

New Smile!




Yes, indeed, my metal mouth is gone! Yesterday I got my brackets and wires off. It's a good thing that I'm getting retainers tomorrow because there's already a tiny space between my two front teeth. ;-/ Amazing how fast teeth move, especially in the wrong direction. Now, in these pictures, my smile may not look greatly different than it used to, but it is indeed very different. My chin is higher because my lower teeth now sit behind my front teeth instead of right under. Everything is way straighter. When I first looked in the mirror my teeth looked huge! They've been half covered for a year and a half, so it takes some getting used to to see them all.


What a nice gift from the Lord to time this right before Thanksgiving. :-) I have much on my thankful list this year. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

7 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Ah, yes, lovely smile! God does give good gifts! And, a Happy Thanksgiving to you in return.

11:52 AM  
Blogger SK: ) said...

Beautiful! Keep smiling!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

You look gorgeous! I'm so glad you were able to get braces. Enjoy your slimy-feeling teeth and being able to eat all the crunchy, chewy, gooey stuff you want!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Ol' Lanche is wary---he's wondering if you'll be competing with him for his feed now thet yer choppers are unfettered...
...the Cowpoke is thinkin' you look downright purty good there gal!!!

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, just a few days late! Congratulations on your BEAUTIFUL smile! What a wonderful event to get your teeth back in all their shiny splendor, and how fitting that it be right before thanksgiving.
BY the way, good for you to take the braces plunge in your twenties! So many people miss out on braces in their teen years and then figure it's not worth it as an adult. But there's a lot of life still to live and I'm GLAD you can live yours with straight teeth ( :

6:58 PM  
Blogger drewey fern said...

You look so beautiful!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Thanks, y'all! I don't think the glow is just from getting the braces off. ;-)

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home