What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Appealing Career

I was at Quizno's today looking at pictures of marvelous looking sandwiches, when it hit me that it would be so much fun to be a food photographer! I mean, what talent it must take to make the most ordinary food look succulent beyond all description. It never looks that way in real life. They must arrange every little morsel in the most advantageous way, spray it with something to make it shine, and then photograph it to make it look huge. And I bet they get to eat it when they're done. Think of all the waste if they didn't!

6 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

Who wants to eat something that's been sprayed so that it's shiny? : )

8:15 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Well if you put it that way...

10:05 PM  
Blogger SK: ) said...

We once watched a documentary about photographing food. On hamburgers, the "makeup" people GLUED each little sesame seed in the proper place on the bun to make it look appealing. This was years ago. Probably today a lot of the appealing details are engineered in Photoshop.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard regarding photographing food for advertisements once that if it looks hot, it's cold. If it looks cold, it's probably warm.

I'd rather be the taste-tester guy at Darigold Ice Creams or something... :-)

2:32 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

great, after reading these comments, I am completely disallusioned...

1:47 PM  
Blogger lis said...

Methinks you ARE a food photographer my dear!

(And now that I have my own camera, I find I am too. Sometimes it is just so beautiful!)

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home