What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Fantasy Land



I couldn't resist posting some pictures from the Seattle "Street of Dreams"! This is an annual event featuring a street of houses (six in this case) that are brand new, furnished, and feature the latest in architecture, design, and decorating. These were multi-million dollar houses that were just jaw dropping. My parents and I went on Saturday, partly to get ideas for the building and designing my dad does (my mom's the decorator). Common features of these houses were a theater room (huge screen, special seats), wine cellars and racks, numerous bathrooms, pools, spas, bars, dens, fountains, outdoor firepits, outdoor cooking areas, huge kitchens, etc., etc. Check out the picture of the shower carved out of stone!
Looking at all these amazing houses did stir up some carnal responses in me, especially covetousness. I thought to myself, "I really need to marry a millionaire." Ah, but then the Holy Spirit's quiet voice reminded me of a few things: these things are all temporal. These are places that "moth and rust" and fire and water and time destroy. They represent the shallow values of this world. Meanwhile, my Father is preparing a mansion in heaven that's going to make these houses look like dog houses! Talk about true riches!
Thank you all for your kind comments to my last post. It's amazing to me how many people have "prophesied" that something good is going to happen since this door has closed. Alright, it had better be good! :-D It's been a bit tough, but God's grace is sufficient. Tomorrow night I leave for NH, where I'll spend nearly a week with Jill and fam. Maybe I'll see some other bloggers out there! I probably won't write again till I get back.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip!! Say "hi" to Jill et al!

God speed!

1:15 PM  
Blogger wideyed said...

just think, your heavenly mansion is going to be even sweeter than that...

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home