What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Here I Come!

I just bought a ticket this morning for New Hampshire! I'll be there from Aug. 22-28. I've been wanting to get back there sometime this summer, but slim finances and schedule made me wonder if it was really going to happen. But I looked again this morning and got a ticket for a much better price than I had been seeing. I do have an all-night flight, but hey, it's still better than 17 hours to Israel!

I'm excited about seeing Jill and Evan and those cute kiddos as well as my grandma. Oh, and we're planning to go to New York City for a day, which I'm really excited about because I've never been there! Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, Atlanta, Memphis, Vancouver, Victoria, Chicago, London, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, but never NYC! It's just part of the American experience. Any of you veteran visitors have anything high on your recommendation list? Of course we want to see the usual tourist places, like Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Ground Zero, Broadway, etc. But we want to use our short time wisely, so any suggestions would be helpful!

I do also want to see local cousins and friends while I'm there, if possible. I'm very sad that Penny and Brad and family aren't close by anymore. :-(

10 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. RF said...

You will just have to make a seperate time to visit the rest of us!
But, I am glad you are getting a chance to get back and visit. Enjoy!

4:08 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

My New England welcome is deafening. Restrain yourself, people.

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to New Hampshire!

(Should I have some co-workers from the Manchester office stop by and say "hi"?)

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would highly recommend Soho and Greenwich Village...fun little artsy shops and cafes. I really enjoyed it. However, if I only had the one day, I would make Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty my priority.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

ryc-well, I have to say, have you ever seen either of them in a BBC production? ;-) lol.

and hope ur time in NH is a good one...

3:17 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

I just read your latest blog tonight (Saturday) for the first time or I would have written sooner to let you know how excited we all are about your visit! So glad you were finally able to get a decent ticket.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

I've never been to NYC either, and I have relatives there! Someday I'll go...

Have a smashing time in good ol' NE.

7:44 PM  
Blogger CKS said...

I'm with Jill...just read it or I would have been welcoming you deafeningly! Really happy to hear you'll be around! And hooray for NYC! I love going there. I've mostly just been in and out for Broadway shows the last few times, so I'm not up on all the best things to do. I haven't been to the Statue for years, and I went to Ground Zero and Central Park 3.5 years ago...um, I definitely recommend Central Park, and Times Square is pretty amazing, especially at night (it doesn't even feel like night).

9:02 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Thanks, everyone!

9:50 AM  
Blogger CKS said...

I think you can take an elevator to the top of the Empire State Building. I've never done it, but I know Fritha and Melissa did, so ask them if you're interested.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home