What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Things Kids Know

Have you ever noticed how most children seem to just know or do certain things, seemingly without any instruction? It's like they're born already "wired" for kid behavior. Here are a few examples that came to mind:

o Able to sing "Ring-a-Round-a-Rosy"
o Those little hand clapping games (this would be girls around 8 or 10 years old.)
o "I'm gonna te-ell!!"
o Fixation with macaroni and cheese
o Nose picking
o Knows how to play Marco Polo in pools
o "Are we almost there?"
o Quickly spot cheating, lying, and tattletaling in other kids
o Fear of spiders (usually girls)
o Fascination with reptiles (usually boys)
o The more noise the better!

Aren't kids great? :-) A few weeks ago I found myself actually missing my school kids. Teaching does have its perks.

1 Comments:

Blogger redsoxwinthisyear said...

I frequently miss some of my students. I'm already looking forward to the return of a couple of them next year!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home