What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Happy Independence Day!



This was my patriotic creation for a picnic we went to on Saturday. That was our celebration for the holiday, I think. We don't have anything exciting planned for tomorrow. We were going to go to the beach with Lori's family, but they're doing something with their church. So...we'll enjoy the nice weather, eat good food, and go downtown to watch fireworks. Saturday was an all day affair for homeschool families (many large ones!), which included tons of food, game relays (like the sack race and tug-o-war), volleyball, a pie contest (51 pies! I helped serve the judges and it must have been close to 3 hours), skits, singing, and fellowship, of course. I got hit in the head two or three times by a ball of some sort. Once was a volleyball that slammed me in the sunglasses, leaving a little mark. That'll teach me to be ready for a spike! I survived, though. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Nice patriotic creation! And, a happy Independence Day to you and to all of us.

5:07 AM  
Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

51 Pies???!!! Were they all different kinds??? ...Ummm---did they have my favorite? 8~)

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home