What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Lord is my Shepherd


One day at Lisa's apartment near Jerusalem, I went out on the balcony to watch this little flock graze in the field nearby. You can look up from this small field to see Bethlehem, so I guess it's natural that Psalm 23 would come to mind. I had been feeling anxious about something and sat down to just be quiet. As I watched, I noticed the shepherd leaning against the wall on the right, just watching the sheep. I heard a strange, distressed crying noise, and finally located it coming from a little black lamb under the tree. I don't know whether it had lost it's mother or was just having a bad day, but it kept crying out piteously. The shepherd seemed to ignore it for awhile, but then he went over to the little guy, sat down next to it, and gently petted him until it was quiet and content. His original "issues" may have still been there, but the shepherd was near, and that's all that mattered. Tear sprang to my eyes as I saw in this tableau the character of my Shepherd. He hears us when we cry, He sees all, and He is quick to comfort us in our distress. In His presence is fullness of joy.
What's interesting is that a little later on, I didn't see the black lamb anywhere among the flock. The shepherd was walking around, but there was no sign of the little guy that I could see. Did God "plant" him there for a moment just to teach me a lesson?

1 Comments:

Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Maybe! He's done greater things!

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home