What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Thank you...



O beautiful for heroes proved
In liberating strife,
Who more than self their country loved
And mercy more than life!
America! America! God shed His grace on thee,
Till all success be nobleness,
And every gain divine.
-Katherine Lee Bates

Today I remember and salute the men and women who fought for our freedom and who are fighting still for freedom around the world. I remember the patriots who won our country's independence 220 years ago, those who bled at Gettysburg, those who shivered in the trenches of France in 1916-17, those who freed Europe in 1945, the veterans of Iwo Jima, of Korea, of Vietnam, of the Gulf War, and of the Iraq War. Freedom isn't free. And I'm proud to be an American. Thank you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Well said. I say Amen.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true. Our freedom came at a great cost. We can never allow ourselves to forget that.

So many seem to squander this gift. May it never be said that I took my freedom for granted.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home