What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Doings

Fourth of July was not very exciting around here, but you know what, it was okay! We were productive in our various pursuits, then had a tasty dinner, and a marvelous raspberry pie drizzled with chocolate -- mmmm! At about 9:30 we were still debating whether we were going to overcome our inertia to go see fireworks in town, or whether we'd just watch them on TV (am I getting old or what?). Of course, we really only had to look out the windows to see all the neighborhood displays. I love that distinctly American, friendly, homey feeling on the 4th of July when families and friends get together and enjoy fireworks. Well, we did end up going down town for fireworks and enjoyed numerous amateur displays on the way. The "real" fireworks didn't start until about 10:30 and lasted a little too long, but aside from a horsetrailer parking right next to our car from which we were viewing (they moved at our outcry) and an either drunk or possessed woman also parking next to us, it was a fun evening!

I took an English Literature test this week and passed, praise the Lord! More college credits -- yea!

My dad has been in NH for the weekend attending a family reunion with his brothers and sisters and other assorted relatives, including Jill and Evan, of course. I'm glad he got to go. Yesterday my mom and I attended the wedding of my good friend Chris R. Some of you may know him from playing at Jill's wedding and being the accompanist on my CDs. I was honored to play the harp prelude for the wedding. There were so many people there we knew! It was like a big jolly reunion. The weather was perfect, the bride and groom looked beautiful, everything was elegantly decorated, the food was delicious, and hmm, what else? It was just a day to get married, I guess!

This week I'm teaching music at a girls' camp in the mornings. I'm not totally sure what to expect, but it should be fun. The camp is a bit of a jaunt, so I have to get up pretty early every morning. Not cool in summer!

TTFN!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristi, Missed you at the reunion. It's been ages. Saw your dad :-)Love, your cousin Katie

6:10 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Sorry I missed you, Katie! :-( Would have been great to catch up with everyone.

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TTFN?

5:57 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Ta Ta For Now. You never heard that??

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't think so... Thanks for the education! :-J

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home