What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Lavender Craze



Today we went to a lavender festival in the little town of Sequim, which is about two hours northwest of us. We visited various farms which had tons of lavender growing, as well as little tents of stuff for sale. The place with the barn had a square dance going on. No, I didn't join. They looked like they really knew what they were doing. Most of the ladies were wearing short poofy skirts which had the strange effect of making their waists look big and their legs skinny. Interesting. Another place where I picked a bouquet of lavender had this annoying rocky funky band playing the most repetitive, grating non-music. Definitely not my idea of lavender friendly music! The actual town of Sequim had a whole street lined with tents selling everything from lavender stuff to crafts to food to harps to paintings. The usual street fair stuff. There were a lot of people there. But I'm proud of myself -- I only bought the bouquet I picked! The real treat was seeing those beautiful rows of lavender and smelling their delicate fragrance on the breeze.

6 Comments:

Blogger ljm said...

Wow...looks like a neat place to visit! I love lavender.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! The colors are so vivid!
-Katie M.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Ol' 'Lanche sez it all looks really tasty 'ceptin' fer the bench...

5:29 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

my goodness, I think I've got my fill of purple for a bit :-)

1:19 PM  
Blogger lis said...

Gorgeous!

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home