What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

How I Yielded to Temptation (and Survived to Tell the Tale)

Every morning this week I've peeled myself out of bed early in the morning and left home by 7:30 for the hour and 10 minute commute (each way) to the Christian camp where I've been teaching music. I've been teaching about 40 8-12 year-old girls. I get them in four installments, and then all together, to make up a total teaching time of three hours. I'm kind of exhausted at the end, but overall, I think it's gone very well and I've discovered how much I love this particular age group of girls. They can so much fun.

Well anyway, that's not what this is about. Every morning I have to drive by our local Krispy Kreme. And every morning the hot donut light is on! And several times lately I've come home in the evening to see it lighted. I sit at the light right near the place and fancy I can smell donuts in the air. Now, I'm not a donut freak and I rarely go in there, but just the very thought of one of those hot, succulent, glazed donuts sets my mouth watering.

Today after camp I went straight to teaching lessons. My lunch in the car consisted of a pitiful P&B sandwich and a banana. By the time I left teaching around 5:45, I was very hungry, tired, and crabby. I came on the busy road where the Krispy Kreme is and found my van moving into the lane on that side. I think it was checking to see if the light was on. It was!! I can be dreadfully indecisive at times, but this wasn't one of those times. I helped my van turn into that parking lot, stilled my faintly twinging conscience, and marched right into that KK! I got my free donut and ordered 6 more (to share with my family of course!). I consumed that donut and another one on the way home. I let out a sigh of pure satisfaction and felt myself smiling like the Cheshire cat. The sky seemed a little brighter gray, my blood sugar rose a couple notches (along with my fat cell content), and my whole outlook on life improved! Praise the Lord for donuts!

6 Comments:

Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

I like your van... 8~)

6:25 AM  
Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Sigh. After reading of your recent pleasure with KK I had to convince myself before I went shopping this morning, that I would NOT go anywhere near the KK display. As I do not have anyone to share them with, I end up eating the whole box. Though I did freeze half of the last box- they were quite good zapped for 20 seconds. One of these days I will yield again and completely enjoy the process. But, for today, I was able to resist. I an not sure what I would do if I had to pass by an actual store on a regular basis - especially with the hot donut light on.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

MMMmmmmm....Someone brought in a few boxes of KK this morning to our office and I was off down the hall like a SHOT to go get me one...Free sugar? I'm there!

1:26 PM  
Blogger CKS said...

STOP!!! Just stop!!! Oh, the torture!!! The pain! The misery!

Okay, no, it's all right...I'll enjoy them vicariously and rejoice with you.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Oops, I put P&B sandwich! I meant, of course, a PB&J sandwich. But then, who noticed?

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home