What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

My Cup of Tea






Yesterday my best friend Tina and I took Seattle by storm. We'd originally sort of planned to go to Victoria (one of our favorite haunts), but finances led us to strike on a "compromise" of Seattle, another favorite, but more local, haunt. We started with high tea at a swanky hotel. It was a beautiful room decked in elegance, and the tea and sweets were tasty, but the wee sandwiches left something to be desired. My head felt like it was full of helium after all the sugar I imbibed. It was fun, though. Next we went to an IMAX film on Greece at the Pacific Science Center. It was amazing! Of course we had to plot our sometime future tour of Greece. Much of the film was about the little island of Santorini, which I was excited to see because I recognized it as one I'd flown over on the way to Israel.
We wandered around the Seattle Center a bit, gazing at the Space Needle way up there. Next we decided to drive down to the waterfront and wonder about. We walked a little bit, but by then my blood sugar was so wacky and I was so hungry that we decided to get dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory. We had a grand time eating wonderful food, sharing both laughs and deep discussions, and relaxing in good company. Since my birthday is tomorrow, Tina somehow told the waiter and they brought me a little ice cream dessert thing with a little candle on it. The poor guy made a rather miserable attempt at singing "Happy Birthday," but that's okay. The picture you see is a self-portrait gone bad -- I tried to take a picture of us, but cut out most of myself while still capturing the little piece of green lettuce in my front braces! Ha ha!
After that we wandered along the waterfront enjoying the shops and the gorgeous Puget Sound. I got home around 10:15, tired but happy. I think I should have birthdays more often. :-D

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Happy Birthday!

5:51 PM  
Blogger lis said...

Yes indeedy: happy birthday!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Ol' 'Lanche & the Cowpoke wish you a very Happy Birthday!!!

5:49 AM  
Blogger Susan Elizabeth said...

Happy day indeed! See you soon! (Just don't pack anything liquid in your bag or it will be confiscated! You'll have to make a trip to the store for hairspray or perfume when you get here!!)

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home