What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My Post of the Year




Well...by now my readers have either gotten an email, a phone call, or a Facebook notification that something important has happened in my life. Back in September when I went to New Hampshire for a convention, I chatted a few times with a guy named Dennis Pass. I've known him for a number of years, but not well. I respected him, and thought he was nice, but frankly, I never really considered him any other way. After all, he's a "bit" older than I am. But the last time he and I talked, I kind of wondered if there was "something" there. Oh, and my cousin Penny (who is related to him) suggested him to me, which made me think a little more about it.

I went home, prayed about it a little bit, and figured that if anything was to happen, it would happen soon. But I didn't really expect anything and after several weeks my mind was engrossed with other stuff going on. On October 21, I came home from a weekend in Spokane. After church my parents sat me down to talk to me. I was immediately suspicious! My dad said he'd received a letter from Dennis asking to write me. He had noticed that I had a "beautiful heart." Once I got beyond the initial shock, I actually felt strangely peaceful that this was indeed the Lord's will. For the next week, I prayed and my dad corresponded with Dennis to make sure he was worthy of his last little lamb. ;-) By the end of the week, we were both satisfied to continue.

So...we wrote for the next three weeks. Every letter revealed how alike our hearts were and how much dearer the other was becoming. Then he came out for Thanksgiving. He flew in the day before. My braces came off just in time. ;-) For five days we had a great time feasting with the family, exploring the area, talking, laughing, and yes, falling in love. By Monday we were permitted to "officially" begin courting. I wasn't sure Dennis was going to make it on his plane okay, he was so deliriously happy!

For those of you who don't know him, I'll tell you a little bit. He lives near Atlanta, Georgia and works as a sheriff deputy in a county jail. He has quite a responsible position and sees his job as more a ministry than anything. He has such a heart for people. He is a very Godly man with great depth of character. He comes from a family of 9 and has an identical twin. Oh, I suppose I could go on, but I'll leave it there. I think he's pretty amazing. :-) And I'm still sort of reeling and trying to assimilate all of these changes that have happened so fast!

We'd appreciate prayers as we continue to seek the Lord about this relationship and get to know each other long distance. I plan to visit Georgia right after Christmas. Works out nice that I have some great relatives in the very same area!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you & Dennis. I think he's a great guy, too!! Praise God for His goodness.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

You guys looks so cute together! So very happy for you.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Toiling Ant said...

What wonderful news! I am SO incredibly happy for you!
~ Toni

5:32 AM  
Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

YIPPIE-YI-YAY... ...so glad for the VERY GOOD news!!! Ol' 'Lanche is happy too (in his inimitable horsey way)---he has a big huge smile that doesn't really fit his horsey face... 8~D

6:23 AM  
Blogger the Joneses said...

Hurray! Dennis is a great guy, and I'm really happy for you both!!

--DJ

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, Kristi! So happy for you. You guys look so cute together. :)

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dennis is a great guy. I am deeply happy for you both.

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fantastic, I'll vouch for Dennis we go back many years and had a great childhood together along with all his brothers and sisters. Dennis is the right man for you

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both of you! I'm so happy for you and will be praying for joy and guidance each step of the way!

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heard about your happy news through the grapevine. Went to church in GA with Dennis for many years when my dad was the pastor there, and he is such a sweet gentleman. I am really happy for him because it's been a long wait-- but obviously well worth it!
Christy (Brown) Norland in CA
(Penny's sister inlaw)

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home