What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Monday, June 13, 2005

A note from a hero...

I suppose that should actually be heroine, as it's a lady. Her name is Nancy Leigh DeMoss, and she's an author and the host of Revive Our Hearts radio program. She's been one of my modern day role models and has impacted my life with books like Lies Women Believe, Seeking Him, Holiness, and Singled Out for Him. So when my CD came out recently, I decided to send her one just as a thank you gift for her ministry. Today I received a lumpy package in the mail with Nancy Leigh DeMoss scribbled on the left corner. With great anticipation I opened it to find two books, Holiness and Singled Out for Him. I already have both of these, so I felt a twinge of disappointment until I opened the books and saw that she had written a personal note in both of them! And she'd also included a thank you note which had some very lovely, encouraging words in it. Needless to say, I shall be keeping these books instead of the ones I had! Anybody want them? I highly recommend her material, especially to women. But anyway, what a special touch to my day!

6 Comments:

Blogger pennyjean said...

Wow, that is really awesome, Kristi! I'm currently, and very slowly, working on Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free. I'm loving it.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

Since I made a drug joke over on Claires blog, I was going to do the same here. But then I realized you might not appreciate it. So I held it in.

Even tho I can't identify with that author, I can identify with getting a signed copy of a book. It is great, isn't it?

4:30 PM  
Blogger Mrs. RF said...

That is so impressive! I haven't actually read those two books - though I did go through the study on Lies Women Believe and really got blessed by it. She is quite a lady, and I appreciate her insights.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

WOW! How exciting is that?! I have read Lies Women Believe and was really impressed and encouraged. She has some great things to say. Can't wait to see you soon!
Love, me

2:59 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Kritty, that's so neat! You must be thrilled. Nothing quite like having a book signed by an author you respect and admire. I heard her speak two times last year--talks that made a lasting impression on my life. Her books are excellent, too. If no one else wants it and you're serious about giving it away, I'd love your unsigned copy of Holiness. Can't wait to see you soon!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Sold to the highest bidder! :-) I'll bring it when I come, Jill.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home