What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Monday Night Ruminations

So what's the buzz in Washington? Well, first of all, the everlasting rain and showers (still don't know what the difference is) continue, albeit interrupted by a little sunshine this afternoon. Secondly, everyone's very hyped about the Seahawks' upcoming Superbowl game. I've never seen such hoopla around here over one of our teams! I'm not a football fan by any means, but of course I'm proud of them and sure hope they win on Sunday! Thirdly, hmm...just some more unpleasant legislation being passed to give more special rights to a certain group. Not surprising, but conservative Christians sure aren't happy about it.

My student recital went well on Saturday. The music part lasted only half an hour! More time for cookies and punch, of course. :-) I felt pretty weary the rest of the weekend, even going so far as to take a nap on Sunday afternoon! I can't believe how quickly time is flying by these days. Maybe it's just me.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding." (Prov. 3:5) This is a verse I've known forever it seems, but lately it's been especially profound to me. I realized recently that if I could see the future all mapped out and understand everything that's happening and had no questions, then how would my "faith muscles" get any exercise? Peter said that our faith is more precious than gold. Hmm...I guess that means lots of refining and testing. Anything that keeps me on my knees and casting myself upon God must be a good thing. Not that I have any huge trials right now, compared to some people, but I'm weighing various decisions and facing daily pressures that force me to continually seek the Shepherd. In the whole scheme of things, I'm just a little dumb sheep who has such a teeny perspective compared to His. How do I think I can possibly figure life out on my own? How can I think my strength and wisdom is going to achieve anything? "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want." What a relief.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Hurray for the Seahawks! Of course everyone out here is bummed that the Patriots didn't make it to the SuperBowl again, but knowing the Seahawks are going is exciting!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Loreo said...

Yes, a time to be proud of our Seahawks and ashamed of our bloomin' liberal governor!!!!!!!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

If the Pats aren't in the Superbowl, I simply don't care. Not because I love the Pats so much, but simply because football really doesn't do anything for me :)

1:47 PM  
Blogger CKS said...

but dj, the commercials!!! :-)

Glad you're trusting, Kristi. It's a good place to be, though not always the most desirable...I think we prefer answers to the trusting bit, but by one comes the other.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home