What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Punch Recipe

Ryusoma requested the mocha punch recipe, so I thought I'd post it for everyone's benefit. This drink is always a hit!

Frosty Mocha Punch

2 quarts strong brewed coffee
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbs vanilla extract
1/2 gallon coffee ice cream, softened (or mocha ice cream, or half coffee and half chocolate)
3 cups whipping cream, whipped
additional whipping cream

Combine coffee and sugar in a large mixing bowl, stirring until sugar dissolves. Stir in vanilla, chill thoroughly. (It's good to do this the night before as the coffee takes forever to chill.)
Spoon ice cream and 3 cups whipped cream into punch bowl. Slowly pour chilled coffee mixture into punch bowl; stir to blend. Dollop additional whipped cream on top.
Yield: approx. 1 gallon

Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

oh boy! that sounds absolutely wonderful. I suspect my doc would have a heart attack if he even thot I was going drink something like that :)

10:28 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Ryu, have you read any of the Mitford books? I know they're not exactly guy reading material, but the vicar in them is a diabetic, and there are some amusing incidents when he's faced with the temptation of goodies that his parishioners shower him with. He envisions a diabetic coma, then the emergency room, then it's off to glory according to the level of "badness" of particular foods. I'm sure you'd sympathize with him greatly. :-)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

I haven't, but I've seen them, so I'm sure I'll get around to them some day :) Too much scifi and fantasy goodness right now tho, heh, heh, heh...

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home