What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Snow!

Yes, indeed, we've had a little smattering of white stuff here in the Northwest! It was predicted for yesterday morning, but when it didn't come and school wasn't affected, there were definitely some disappointed little people. But then on my way home from school I noticed that the rain hitting my windshield was sort of splatting unusually, and I quickly surmised it must be snow. The closer I got to home the worse it got, till it appeared to be raining millions of snowballs. The road was whitening up. I had planned to get gas and do a little shopping, but I decided to just get gas and come home. It was really coming down hard and covering the road, which totally slows everyone down.

You snow veterans would snort at the panic a half inch of snow causes here, but do understand that we don't have sand trucks, snow plows, and snow tires at our beck and call. Ha, Washington probably has the same number of snow plows that the city of Boston has! But I merely guess. So anyway, I had to make my way down a steep, windy hill into the valley we live, and as I went down, I experienced something of the sensation you have when you're on a rollercoaster about to zoom down a hill. Black ice was my greatest fear, but I survived, PTL! I got some sophisticated, expensive rain tires last January at my dad's urging, and I'm hoping they'll also be snow worthy.

I do love snow, but as I've gotten older and have had to drive in it occasionally, I've been a little more wary of it. Last year we barely got a flake, so it's nice we're getting some this year. Tomorrow we're supposed to get a couple inches, which could seriously mess up traffic around here. I'm not sure if I'll get around to my teaching spots. I'm secretly hoping that I'll have to cancel so I can stay home and do other useful stuff! Besides my neck and back are out, and I'm not feeling very great. I've been practicing a lot for December performances, putting extra strain on my poor back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

Well, I know that I don't drive when it is snowing. Unless it is an emergency, and I haven't run into one of those yet :)

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, but all the snow is melting. [sniff]

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home