What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Narnia Mania

I presume you're all aware of the new Narnia movie coming out in December. Well, I got to see a sneak peek today! My school hosted an event for local church and education leaders to come see a preview of the movie and get resources and inspiration to use the movie as a gospel outreach in their churches and communities. Some of the stuff we saw you can also see on the Narnia website, but we got to see more of the movie, plus tidbits on the making of it. It looks absolutely awesome!! Did you know it took two years to "create" Aslan? The computer graphic imaging is just mind boggling. I can't wait to see the whole thing! Some of it looks kind of scary for very young children, so parents should definitely use discretion, like with LOTR.

After seeing the preview, I feel like reading the book again. I remember after reading "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" as a kid, I kept checking the back of my closet and praying it would open up into Narnia. I was bitterly disappointed every time to find the same old white wall!

Oh, and the co-director of the C.S. Lewis Institute in Seattle was there and shared some interesting stuff about C.S. Lewis. He said that the movie "Shadowlands" was pretty unfactual in places. Lewis wasn't that stuffy and academical. A few other things I didn't know: Lewis injured his leg during WWI combat, he failed his Oxford entrance exam twice, and his first couple books were absolute flops! I'm so glad he didn't give up on writing.

6 Comments:

Blogger Loreo said...

You know, I was disappointed in the movie "Shadowlands." I didn't like Anthony Hopkin's typical uptight performance as C.S. Lewis. But I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS MOVIE!!! YAY!!!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I am really looking forward to the new Narnia movies as well. But I am a bit apprehensive. I saw a tiny preview- some sweeping shot that looked like it was straight out of the LOTR movies. I always thought of the LOTR books as 'epic' and the Narnia books as more homey and cozy. I'm afraid the movies are going to make them too grand and big. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

To big and grand? I must admit, I never thot of them as homey and cozey myself.

I am really looking forward to this. After the original ones[that were a complete fiasco in my opinion], it will be nice to see a high quality production; they deserve it...

7:21 PM  
Blogger Loreo said...

I enjoyed the original movies, but it's great that they're gonna do it up big this time!

4:00 PM  
Blogger lis said...

I'm jealous!

Speaking of the original movie productions, I just read a catalog review that noted its "superb performaces and outstanding special effects."

Au contraire!

I feel the way Kate does....excited and apprehensive, all at once.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I just hope that if they do all the books they won't spread them out too far. If they leave too many years between, say, The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and Voyage of the Dawn Treader, the Pevensies who are in both books might be too changed. Then again, if they do The Horse and His Boy too soon, the four children won't be grown up enough. But I guess the producers, directors, etc. probably thought of all this already. For now, I'm just excited about seeing the first movie!

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home