What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Shalom!

I don't really have anything exciting to blog about, but I thought I'd give you guys something new to devour besides my three little fall pictures! I had a pretty good week. After last week's very quiet weekend, it was nice to have my parents back and life return to normalcy. School is going very well, and plans for the Christmas musical are humming along. A mom committee is in charge of the costumes, we're hoping to get someone to do the backdrops, and so with sufficient help, I just have to worry about getting the kids to learn their music and lines. There are a couple of brothers in the school that are totally tone deaf! I can hear this little alto-type drone in the back of the room when the older kids are singing, and I'm not sure what to do about it. Some kids can improve with help, and some are hopeless cases. But of course the music teacher is expected to "fix" any such deficiencies! When I directed a homeschool choir, I had the power to sort of "weed out" the vocally inept, but in a school setting, I have to work with what I've got. So during programs I've learned to set the microphones in strategic spots and give certain kids the "sshhhh" sign. :-)

I was doing a little Bible study on Psalm 90 this morning. It talks about the God's everlasting nature and our own frailty and brevity of life. Included is that well-known verse: "So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom." So I counted up my days. I've been alive for 9,549 days and I have 16,001 more days till I'm 70 years old! I was freshly inspired by the Holy Spirit to make each day count for eternity, to not waste one precious day. I've also been memorizing a passage in 1 Corinthians 6. Verse 20 says, "For ye are bought with a price: therefore, glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's." Wow, there's a lot packed into that verse! God is eternal, our days are short, we've been bought with the blood of Jesus -- what else should we do but glorify God with our whole beings! I've been convicted this past week how much I seek to glorify myself more than God, which is basically pride. But that's like trying to exalt a blade of grass over a mountain! How important it is to keep our eyes on God to maintain perspective.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Is everybody speechless or was this a total dud of a post?

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home