What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Northwest Splendor



Yesterday, on the spur of the moment, I went to visit my friend Tina near Seattle. Even though we're best friends, we don't see each other terribly often due to distance and schedules. She graduated last spring with a nursing degree and is currently undergoing a vigorous internship at a hospital. She had to work yesterday morning and needed a break. So we and her parents and another couple took off for a little country town full of quaint charm and beautiful views of surrounding mountains. The weather was perfect. We stopped for some tasty ice cream in a little "hole-in-the-wall" place and then walked around quite a bit. Later on we we had dinner at an out-of-the-way grill. I love spontaneous blessings! The lovely scenery, the invigorating air, the exercise, and sweet fellowship were just what I needed. Tina and I have a wonderful friendship; we can be totally at ease with each other, totally ourselves. Sometimes that involves laughing hilariously, and sometimes it means connecting spiritually or sharing a need. A true "kindred spirit," as Anne would say.

9 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

Say, is that a photoshopped pix of Mt. Monadnock? Heh, heh, heh...

1:09 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Ha ha, you call that a mountain?? That is a hill, my friend. Mt. Monadnock is probably smaller than one of Mt. Rainier's foot HILLS! My definition of a mountain is Mt. Rainier or Mt. Fuji or Mt. McKinley or Mt. Everest...you get the idea. ;-)

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture, Kristi. Did you take that with your new digital camera?

6:02 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Yes, I did! It's fun using it.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

What town did you go to with Tina last weekend? Your pictures are making me homesick for Washington, though I'm very grateful to be living in another beautiful state. New Hampshire is pretty hard to beat when it comes to rugged beauty, as you know!

5:43 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Jill, it was Snoqualmie, which is about 15 minutes north of Issaquah. NH does have some rugged beauty, but I think its mountains leave something to be desired! But I've just been spoiled by the West Coast.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kristi,

Thanks for the post, looking forward to more great stuff.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Kristi,

Your Northwest Splendor post caught my attention while I was doing some research on children with adhd.

I am currently in the process of creating a holistic treatment program for adhd. The idea is to integrate various treatment modalities so that anyone can benefit.

Would you care to share some of the secrets that you have gleaned from adhd.

My subscribers would certainly appreciate any insight that you have to offer.

Thank you for your post, it was a good read.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Warmest regards,
Hoe Bing

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kristi,

After much heavy reading your blog provided just the right amount of fun. Thank you :)

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home