What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Something doesn't fit...

Today at the post office I was behind a woman who first caught my attention because she was wearing a T-shirt that said Operation Iraqi Freedom (or something like that) on the back. I considered complimenting her on it, but the more I studied her, the more reticent I felt. From the little I could see of her personality, I'd guess she had a big heart -- the kind that would help you out in a pinch. However, I mostly noticed her uh, interesting external appearance. She was wearing a man sized gray T-shirt and gray sweats. She might have cut her hair herself 'cause it was a very short messy version of a buzz. Her skin was kind of leathery and wrinkled and her voice was deep, so I'm guessing that maybe she's a smoker. She had no makeup on and only a ring for jewelry. When you picture a woman who glories in her feminine design, well, this female wouldn't come to mind. So I'm noticing this woman's masculine and unfrilly appearance, when what to my wondering eyes should appear, but long, well-kept acrylic nails on her fingers! It was so incongruous with the rest of her appearance! Almost like seeing long nails on a guy. (That is seriously disgusting, by the way.) Oh, well, I guess it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round.

7 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

desperately tried to think of something to comment that fit in the post, failed miserably!

So, how bout them, umm, mariners!?! [right team?]

5:28 PM  
Blogger Loreo said...

Are you one of those people, like me, who gives people virtual makeovers? I like to pretend I'm the host of "What not to wear" and am in charge of helping women wear flattering clothes, hair, and makeup. =) It's hard to turn off the urge, though. Like, there's this woman at work who has frizzy curly or permed hair with highlights. I just want her to get a warmer hair color or better highlights, cuz her highlights look more like gray than blond. And I want her to get long layers cut, put some gel in, and use a curling iron to get some nice loose waves and get rid of the super annoying frizz! Every time I see her, I think this. And she's one of many.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

yeehaw for spammers! I can smell the brimstone already...

1:22 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Funny how spammers always say they love your blog, blah blah blah, but I have serious doubts about whether they've even read it! As if they're flattery is going to make me want to take the trouble to view their junk. Huff, puff!

10:12 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

You do realize, don't you, that most spam comments are the works of programs, not actual people, right? that is why that cursed wident works. And that is the reason they are called spambots...

12:53 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

But I'm steadfastly resisting the wident! (For now anyway.)

1:17 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

Good for you!!!

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home