What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Evidence Not Seen

I overheard my mom say something a few days ago that has gotten me thinking about tunnels. No, I don't plan to change vocations and become an engineer. Rather, I've been thinking about how tunnels relate to faith. And how faith relates to hope. My faith has been hugely stretched this year and sometimes it's been no fun at all. But of course we're supposed to "count it all joy." Why is that so hard to remember when your patience is actually being tested??

So, what about tunnels? Simply this: some tunnels are short and you can easily see the light at the end even when you're going through the dark. But some tunnels are long and may even have a curve in them. You can't see the end and it's pretty dark while you're driving. All you can do is believe that there is an end to the tunnel and it will be light! If faith is "evidence not seen," then it's kind of like going through that tunnel believing that it won't last forever, but will get you where you need to go. Sometimes we climb over mountains and sometimes we go through curvy tunnels, but the goal is a particular destination (generally). Hope is believing there's light at the end of the tunnel and that the One who directs our paths has the right directions.

I hope that made coherent sense, but it was an encouraging concept to me anyway!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice analogy. I like it.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

Hey, if I'm ever asked to have a meeting, can I just steal your ideas? You seem to have lots of "meeting" type posts. And if I can steal them, that makes life better for everyone :)

4:43 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Hmm...is that a complement or not? I admit I wax philosophical sometimes, but I didn't think I had THAT many "meeting" type posts! But if you're ever asked to have a meeting (who would do that?), then sure, you can steal my ideas. ;-)

6:54 PM  
Blogger lis said...

I was encouraged!

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home