What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

My Favorite Things

At the risk of sounding like Maria von Trapp or Pollyanna, I'm going to list some of "my favorite things." I amused myself on the way from teaching by thinking of various things that float my boat, hit my button, brighten my day, and add a spring to my step. Incidentally, I've always wanted to play Maria in the Sound of Music, but alas, kissing some guy I'm not married to is just out of the question! So now I settle for teaching my students all the songs from the Sound of Music, and often singing them myself.

Here's my little list. I'm sure it could be much longer if I kept going. Now I'm curious as to how many of you share these favorite things. So if you want to, just post a comment listing the numbers that have your same favorite PLUS one other favorite of yours.

[In no particular order of importance.]

1. Chocolate
2. Cheesecake
3. Piano concertos
4. Red roses
5. Making music
6. Starbucks chai latte
7. City lights at night
8. Laughter
9. The ocean
10. A fall or winter's evening in front of the fire with a book
11. E-mails from friends or sisters
12. History, especially ancient and American
13. Sunset over the Sea of Galilee
14. Hot showers or baths
15. My mom's hugs
16. Hugs from children
17. Falling snow (as long as I'm not driving!)
18. Finding a fabulous outfit for a great price
19. Family dinners
20. Volleyball with good friends who are good players, too!
21. Watching a great movie or reading a great book for the first time
22. Kittens
23. Fall foliage (especially in New England!)
24. Sabbath mornings
25. Apple pie (actually, most pies will do fine)

11 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Oh, great, I just love spam. Like I'm actually going to visit your site after you've invaded my personal blog! Get lost!

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list. By no means expository.

1. Chocolate
2. Cheesecake
3. Piano concertos (Most classical music!)
4. Red roses (Yellow, Pink, White too)
5. LISTENING to music
7. City lights at night
8. Laughter
9. The ocean
10. A fall or winter's evening in front of the fire with a book
11. E-mails from friends or sisters
11b. IMs from friends or sisters
12. History, especially ancient and American
14. A good hot shower
15. My mom's hugs (Dad's too!)
16. Hugs from children
17. Falling snow (as long as I'm not driving with idiots!)
19. Family dinners
20. Volleyball with good friends who are good players, too!
21. Watching a great movie or reading a great book for the first time
22. Kittens
22b. Puppies
23. Fall foliage (especially in New England!)
25. Apple pie (actually, most pies will do fine)
26. Ice Cream!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

Great minds must think alike! I was going to do a "My least Favorite things", with music and everything. But then I thot people wouldn't appreciate such artistic irony and it would be wasted on the peasants. Oh well, good Sabbath :)

4:09 PM  
Blogger Loreo said...

Actually, Ryu, I think it would be a hoot to see a "least favorites" list. Kristi, I love the names you have for your cat--His Fuzzyship?!?!?! I got a kick out of that! =)

4:59 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Sigh. I guess nobody else shares any favorites things. Or everyone's too lazy to respond. My mom would respond if she got brave enough to figure out how to post.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I pretty much agree with your whole list. Don't think I'd add much. You'd think we grew up together or something since we like so many of the same things. :-)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

You do realize that asking your readers to actually participate in your post is a little unrealistic, right? I mean, getting peeps to comment is a full time thing, much less participate.

Besides, we just want to sit back and be entertained! Bread and circuses!!!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Tsk, tsk. Lazy bums.

11:30 AM  
Blogger drewey fern said...

Here are some I was goaded into coming up with:)

- Perfectly Blue Skies
- Free tickets to the symphony
- Meeting sanguines in the store
- Tennyson
- Nephews
- Big, squishy, cozy chairs
- Senses of humor (which I'm happy to say my circle of friends is well supplied with - good job folks!)

8:41 AM  
Blogger lis said...

Maybe you just have a high percentage of phlegmatic friends. Most of us don't do "favorites." However, here are a few things I really, really like:

*the smell of rain
*the smell of books
*fresh homemade bread with butter and honey
*apple pie! (and making it)
*my little brothers giggling
*my dad's enthusiastic singing
*Jerusalem's walls, lit golden at night
*walking in the woods, with trees towering overhead

6:29 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Bravo, girls! I love your lists. And I definitely agree with the smell of books, Lisa! And Jerusalem's walls at night.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home