What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Pet Peeve

I can keep silent no longer!! You know what really bugs me on any internet correspondence (blogs, e-mails, forums, etc.)? Very well, I'll tell you. It's the neglect of normal, proper punctuation and grammar! Why do these things so often take the back seat on computers? I mean, I think it takes more work to NOT write with capitals and punctuation! Why is it suddenly okay to write 'i' instead of 'I'? How are run-on sentences with no commas supposed to be easier to read? It's just pure laziness, I say. The very purpose of punctuation and grammar is to aid clarity of communication, regardless of the medium. Not that every little note should look like a thesis, but you know...basic stuff. I hereby send out a call for a return to good writing on the computer!! Do I hear any amens?

[Disclaimer: Very few of my readers (that I know of) have demonstrated this problem, so I'm not trying to pick on anybody in particular. It's just something that pops up now and then and catches my attention.]

End of rant.

9 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

What a bummer, eh? I shall try to be more careful now :), especially since you don't use wident...

3:08 PM  
Blogger CKS said...

yes its pure laziness usually i write all proper like except when im feeling wicked lazy which happens every now and then you know i just go hey today im not going to use capitals but i still usually use punctuation but not usually though except maybe when im trying to annoy someone

3:31 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Aaaaaagh!!! Mission accomplished, you wicked lazy young man!

4:54 PM  
Blogger lis said...

Amen! (but you knew I'd say that, anyway) :O)

5:35 AM  
Blogger Laughter said...

Aaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha!

(Correct capitalization, and no punctuation needed other than the exclamation point.)

10:57 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

I'm with you, girl! We share that pet peeve. No surprise there. :-)

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

10:19 AM  
Blogger redsoxwinthisyear said...

hooked on foniks wurked 4 me

3:39 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

You say you're teaching high school?? Tsk, tsk...amazing the kind of riff-raff teachers they hire these days. What's this world coming to?

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home