What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

All Quiet on the Western Front

'Tis a very quiet, peaceful Saturday for me. My parents are at Fairwood in New Hampshire, and I'm enjoying a quiet reprieve from the busyness of the week. Last night I had a fall party with some friends. It was a rainy evening and a pleasant time to be inside a bright, warm, jolly house. Traffic was awful, though, and I didn't get home from work till nearly 5:30 and the party was supposed to start at 6:30. Fortunately everything was ready in time and most people were late. I served Mexican food, including chimichangas, guacamole, and Mexican dip, plus grapes. Dessert was pumpkin cheesecake, courtesy of my friend Rachel. There were about 11 or 12 of us, about half girls, half guys. We had a jolly time playing Cranium and Taboo. Everybody left around 10:45.

This morning I didn't come to until about 9:00. Wow, it felt good! After reading my Bible and getting breakfast, I flipped on the TV and found the "Apple Dumpling Gang" on! Just my speed. That was followed by "Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again." I've seen those so many times I can quote them for you, but I still enjoyed them. Those movies were a big part of my childhood. Gotta love those corny 70's Disney movies! I also watched a forensics detective show, where crimes are solved by forensic evidence. Very fascinating. It was kind of amazing how many female deaths were linked to their husbands. In each case I could see a pattern, and could almost immediately place the blame on the husband, who at first appears to be innocent. How awful to suspect a husband of killing his wife! He should be the last person in the world to do such a hateful thing! One guy very nearly killed his wife by arsenic poisoning, administered over a series of time. Fortunately, she survived and he was nabbed. The most common motives for these guys were insurance benefits, other affairs, and anger. Very sad. I was reminded of that quote: "Be sure your sin finds you out." Here these guys were trying to be so subtle and deceptive, but justice did catch up with them and now their stories are being blared on TV's around the world!

6 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

Well, sounds like you had a good time holding down the fort :)

Hopefully now that the feast is done, there will be more posts and commenting...

4:34 PM  
Blogger Rex Tyrannus said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Rex Tyrannus said...

The first paragraph made my mouth water. The second made me want to avoid eating altogether--who knows what Tash is putting in the food these days....

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The party was great! Thanks again!

(It does seem like Hollyweird has run out of original plot-lines doesn't it?)

:-J

10:20 AM  
Blogger redsoxwinthisyear said...

Now I'm scared. With all this science these days, someone might discover the real story behind my dead wives...

8:41 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Not to mention your twelve children.

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home