What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Disclaimer

My point in the last post was not to blast the concept of vaccinations or declare that every vaccination is pointless. My goal was to point out the icky ingredients, especially aborted fetus cells. I am not an expert on vaccinations by any means! However, I do believe there is enough substantial research out that should make us very cautious about them. I agree with Lori that vaccinations have done good, like the polio vaccine, for instance. The vaccine turned the tide, and with it, my grandma might not have contracted polio as a child. My mom and I discussed this just yesterday and agreed that the polio vaccine is one worth having. Jill mentioned the tetanus shot -- that's another good one which I got five years ago after a cat bite (that's another story!). I think people working in hospitals or other medical situations are smart to get hepatitis or other vital shots. But the idea of injecting little children's bodies full of toxic junk is mind boggling to me. I've seen the schedule of recommended vaccines for children from babies to upper teens and it's a wonder that anybody's body can handle all that. Better to build up a child's immunities to fight off marauding cells.

I hope the New England feathers have been calmed. :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Loreo said...

No need to apologize! You open some great discussions with the topics you bring up. It's neat to see a range of opinions--yours and those of your commenters. :)

12:40 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Yeah, don't worry about it, Kritty. You got me thinking, since I've recently been debating about whether I've done the right thing in not giving the kids the full range of vaccinations. I remember Dr. McDonald in Washington recommending the polio vaccine if you don't do any others. And girls ought to get the rubella one since contracting that disease during pregnancy can cause severe birth defects. Anyway, the discussion has been invigorating!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Isaac Demme said...

I understand.
Still there are a whole lot of false rumors floating around the internet already, and it doesn't help to spread them without checking up on their validity.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Loreo said...

yeah, okay, anonymous.....

1:02 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

HA! Only punishment can appease the ruffled feathers of the Order of the Choppers!

!!!!Ka-Sizzle!!!!

Cower in fear as bolts of porkchops are rained down upon your head

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home