What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Haunted Car

I actually have a story that almost equals Lindsay's snake story! This morning I went out to the car where my parents were waiting to leave for church. I opened the door, looked in, and cried out in horror! There, stretched from the front seat to the back seat was a huge spider web with a big, brown spider in the middle of it! While I was doing the conniptions dance, my mom went to get our long web duster thingy, and bravely cleaned out the offending web and squished the naughty spider. I can't believe the nerve of the guy to actually go into our car and boldly set up housekeeping! As you can tell, I feel about spiders the way most girls feel about snakes and mice. And my sisters are the same way, so I trust they're shuddering as they read this! Even though the web had been cleared away, it was with great shuddering and temerity that I sat down in the seat and looked around for other possible lurkers. I saw a few stray web pieces floating around, and had that icky imaginary feeling that they were floating around me. Then while my dad was praying, I happened to glance over and see another large, perfect, round web against the opposite window. There was no spider in it, leaving me to wonder if that was the now deceased spider's other home (for alternate view maybe?) or whether his brother was lurking in the shadows somewhere. When we got to church my dad cleaned out that web with his hand. Aaack!! My brave, sensible dad has killed many spiders for our sakes over the years. Let me tell ya, I am SO GLAD that I looked before getting in the car!! I'm not sure I would have lived to tell the tale if I hadn't.

10 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

you know, I don't want to diss women, but between lindsay's story and now yours, I am so glad I'm a guy.

I still sympathize with the horrors you feel, but I am glad I don't feel those horrors myself.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Linds said...

Poor Kristi! Living by myself has made me conquer the spider & mice fear, but this whole snake thing is here to stay :)
My roommate in VA actually rescued someone when she was living in England, because the lady had driven into a ditch when she saw a spider in her car! It's a good thing that Rachelle lives in WA now, because it sounds like she might need to rescue you!!

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... Good thing you weren't helping my dad and I move some containers that were leaning up against the barn we're getting ready to re-paint on Saturda. Those spiders had graduated from eating bugs, and were dining on small rodents!

:~)

(Ok, not really... But they were huge!)

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saturday... Rather.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Sounds like the monsters we used to have at our old house. Nasty.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I can sympathize with your freaked-outness! What is it about those things that gives us the heeby-jeebies?

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a spear.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Georgia, there were some JUMBO spiders right outside the parsonage and the guys ( Nate and Brad) went out one evening to FEED THEM! I couldn't watch.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

so who is blue knight?

9:56 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I have no idea.

Claire, what did they feed them -- mice??

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home