What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

One of those weeks

Ever wake up from a dream and wish so bad you could return? I always wake up just when stuff is getting good. Like I was dreaming this morning of flying over brilliant blue waters and then being in Greece. There were dark, handsome Greek men everywhere, but I was with my dad, so I wasn't about to run off with one! Then I woke up to my warm bed and cold reality. Sigh.

Then I went to the dentist and as I was sitting there noticed that I was wearing a black shoe on one foot and a navy shoe on the other. The shoes are identical in style, so it was an easy thing to do when I was in a rush. Then I had to go to school and the mall and hope nobody noticed my mismatched shoes. Probably nobody noticed, but I was quite aware of it!

Things have been pretty stressful at school this past week. Kids are busy preparing for the Thanksgiving Feast tomorrow and then the Christmas program in two weeks. If they're not as prepared as the administrator thinks they should be, then all the blame falls on me. She's a choleric organizer, and it's sometimes really hard working with her, because I'm a phlegmatic/melancholy, and NOT an organizer!

I love the kids, and I've loved much of the work at the school, but I've pretty much decided to not return next year. I'll finish up in June and turn over the reigns to someone else who can handle the stress and stretch of a growing music program and school. The growing schedule demands are continually crowding out other important things in my life, like my private students, traveling, practicing, and performing.

God sort of dropped this job in my lap, and it's been good, but I think it's time for the next chapter and I'm trusting Him to direct me in the way I should go next year. There remains the unpleasant task of telling the school of my plans, but I'll wait until after Christmas.

Meantime, I can't wait for Thanksgiving!! Lori's family is coming over and we're sure to have a jolly time stuffing ourselves, playing ping-pong, maybe going for the traditional walk, and whatever else. (We miss you, Jill!!) Then on Friday my mom and I are going to decorate for Christmas! I have a little fake tree in my room which I have fun decorating with oodles of musical ornaments. We'll listen to Christmas music, eat cookies, and have a cozy day. I have no desire to go shopping that day. If the weather's decent, I might even try to get the outside Christmas lights up.

So there's some of my life in a big nutshell. :-)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps a Greek man will read this and call the school for you.

Thus solving two problems at once.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

I agree with anon. Maybe you should fast and pray about it, eh?

Anyway, sorry the holidays have to be so stressful. But I guess that is what responsibility is all about, eh? lol. Least Christmas comes but once a year...

4:03 PM  
Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Have fun decorating! Send some pics- would love to see the changes from 2 years ago when you first moved in!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I'll miss you guys too! sniff, sniff Maybe one of these years we can make it out there for Thanksgiving or Christmas. I'm beginning to really dislike the distance separating us. It gets harder every year.

Hey, I'll keep my eyes open for good-looking Greek men. I'm becoming a shameless matchmaker these days with two eligible sisters. :-)

5:31 AM  
Blogger Loreo said...

I'm an eligible sister? Huh....

3:38 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

She meant Lindsay, silly! Sister-in-law, that is.

Jill, maybe you should find a Greek guy back there for me.

Thus solving two problems at once!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

My goodness, we seem to have LOTS of 2 for 1 problem solving going on here, don't we? Lol...

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home