What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Mysterious Male Fashions

Have any of you ladies noticed the abundance of skirts in stores lately? It's a lovely sight to behold for us skirt wearers. Not that I see a lot of women wearing skirts, but hey, at least they're gaining momentum. AND I got two on sale today, for which I'm quite happy.

Anyway, I'm sure you're wondering about my title. Today at the mall I saw a guy walking toward me wearing a black skirt. Okay, it was probably technically a kilt because it was short and pleated. He wasn't a transvestite, because the rest of him looked normal, i.e. black t-shirt, sandals, etc. He was kind of beefy, too, and probably not someone to tangle with, despite his odd attire. What's scary is that I saw another guy at a restaurant about a month ago who was wearing a khaki kilt with as much ease as any guy wears pants. That guy, too, was wearing a gray t-shirt, birkenstocks, and a manly belt. Is this kilt wearing becoming a new trend??

Now, I'm Scotch-Irish, so of course I'm not opposed to kilts, and when I go to the Highland Games, it's perfectly natural to see a bunch of Rob Roys around sporting their Celtic attire. Or I might expect it some in Scotland. But around town in America? What's up with that? What's up with women running around wearing tight, ill-fitting jeans, while men nonchalantly sport cool and comfy skirts? What is the world coming to?! :-o

8 Comments:

Blogger Brenda Jo said...

The world is unpredictable, but I I'm not expecting the pendulum to return any time soon.

6:59 PM  
Blogger CKS said...

There's a guy at my school who is often seen wearing a skirt. He's not a transvestite--just weird. (Dregs, never shaves, drugged out, the whole works...+ a skirt...)

Have you noticed the same reversal with hair??? Men wear it longer and longer, women shorter and shorter. A lotta men have fuller heads of hair these days than a lotta women. Strange how this things inhabit our culture.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Yeah, I feel some annoyance when I see guys with longer, prettier hair than mine!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

:-)

4:14 PM  
Blogger Loreo said...

There was actually an article in the paper recently about one of the columnists doing an experiment. He was to get one of these man kilts and wear it around the mall and report on peoples' responses and what it was like for him. He didn't get much for shocked looks, but some people probably raised their eyebrows after he walked by. People don't feel as free to express shock as they probably once did.

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home