What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Coming up for air...

My mom keeps asking me when I'm going to update on here, so I figured I'd better write something! Not that I haven't been doing anything else lately. It's been 4 weeks and a day since I got engaged, three and a half since I've been home and so much has been done! My mom and I have been a veritable whirlwind taking care of many details, great and small.

What details, you may ask? First was the church. Thanks to the Lord's guidance, we found a wonderful big church with a very helpful wedding coordinator. I found a beautiful, modest, and affordable dress and accessories and my bridesmaids have ordered their beautiful dresses, too. We've got a photographer, a florist, decorators, food coordinator, musicians, and various other little jobs. OH! And we have tickets to our honeymoon destination -- the land of Socrates and laurel wreaths. :-)So all is going well. My emotions range from happy excitement to tense "stressed-out-ness" (no other word was coming to mind) to missing Dennis terribly.

BUT! Only 9 days till he comes for a visit! That poor chap has been subsisting on small quantities of sleep and a super busy schedule. He needs to visit me just to catch up on sleep and eating. :-) Not that we'll be idle while he's here. Ah, have we got a to-do list!

If you think of it, please pray that:
  • Wedding plans would continue to come together smoothly, that God would direct in all the little details.
  • God would provide for everything. It's not an ideal financial time for my dad, and though I do what I can, my money has been flowing out like water.
  • I would not give in to anxiety or fears, but trust wholly in the Lord with a quiet heart for everything concern that arises.
  • Dennis would be helped to keep up with everything with work, church, family, and wedding and honeymoon plans!

Thanks!

5 Comments:

Blogger lis said...

Praying!

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kristi,

Congratulations on your engagement!

Trusting that you'll be able to accomplish everything you need to, while still enjoying this particularly delightful phase of the relationship.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

You work fast. Getting that much done in three weeks is amazing!

5:57 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

You work fast. Getting that much done in three weeks is amazing!

5:57 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Sorry for double posting. I don't know what happened.

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home