What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Places I want to see

Ever seen the book "100 Places to See Before You Die"? I'm not sure if that's the exact title, but it's close enough. Maybe it's 1,000. Well, anyway, I've been planning world tours since I've been about 13. The unfortunate part of being a single woman is that I can't really pack my bags and just jump on a plane to any destination I wish. There are some "minor" issues like money, time, safety, etc. Besides, who wants to travel alone? But who of my friends actually has money enough to travel?? But fortunately, dreams are free, and I've compiled my own little must-see list.

Israel (Already been there, but I'd like to spend a lot more time in beloved Jerusalem.)
Egypt
Greece
Istanbul (Can you tell I'm totally fascinated with ancient history?)
Italy
Spain
Ireland (Kiss me, I'm Irish!)
Scotland
India
Australia (sans the scary critters)
Africa (a safari kind of appeals to me)

6 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

All you people who like to travel. I simply do not understand it. Well, I shall do my part and bring balance to the equation and try to travel as little as possible...

3:06 PM  
Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Hey, speaking as one who really loves to travel, I love your list! Who knows, you may get to them all! Fun to dream anyway!

4:16 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Well, I don't exactly like the traveling part. It's the being there part. I wish I could skip the whole airplane experience. And most international hotels leave something to be desired.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

But think of all the facinating people you meet on airplanes! And airports are truly some of my favorite places to sit and people-watch.

8:50 PM  
Blogger wideyed said...

Airports are noisy, tiring, uncomfortable, and serve disgusting, expensive food(I'm not talking about caviar!), but I agree about people-watching.

11:18 AM  
Blogger drewey fern said...

Hi Kristi! Great blog - and I love this list of must-see places. Several of them are on my list as well! I'm very content in my single status, but the one thing that wrankles is the fact that I can't travel by myself. Too dangerous. Sigh. But hey, maybe we can join forces! Or here's a thought: Millenial Travel. Woo woo! Maybe fares will be cheaper then, too:)

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home