What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sad Superbowl for Seahawks

Boo-hoo, we lost! I tell ya, I bet everyone's going to be a lot more sober (more or less, depending on the alcohol quota) tomorrow than they were last week around here! I actually watched the whole game and was quite engrossed. My dad explained it to me, so I was able to understand a lot more what all was going on. I've never paid much attention to football before, but this was a definite exception. We were pretty disgusted with the referees. The Steelers did not deserve that second quarter touchdown at all!! Maybe they still would have won, but they would have had 6 fewer points. I'm sure they must have bribed the referees. Even the announcers didn't agree with all the calls. Anyway, good game, and I'm sure there are many elated Steelers fans tonight. (pouts)

Man, those Steelers looked like beer-bellied monsters next to our fit and trim Seahawks! And what's with the long hair on the one guy? Gross.

Now we're totally exhausted. Lori's family was over last night to celebrated Zoe's birthday. We ate tons of food, especially of the non-healthy variety, and had a jolly time. Today was church and later the game. We had a family over from church to watch with us. They left soon after it was over. So now it's only 9:00 and I think I need to go to bed. I've totally O.D.'d on junk food this weekend and I really need to spend, like, several hours on the treadmill tomorrow!

Monday morning cometh. Back to the grindstone.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Sigh- we were rooting for them along with you. :(

6:32 AM  
Blogger CKS said...

I was rooting for the Seahawks, too...mainly because Pittsburgh seems like a bunch of punks and very in-your-face, mean football people, and besides, they're arch enemies of the Patriots! So I was one more disappointed S-Bowl view. But really, I didn't care.

One of my major Pittsburgh fan classmates wasn't in our 11:30 class today. I'm guessing he's hung over.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

I quit watching at the halftime show. Seeing Mick Jagger dance around and seeing his triceps just wiggling all around[like a chicken], well, that grossed me out.

So I didn't see the whole thing. and I don't really care either :-)

1:50 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

I was pretty disgusted with some of the calls too. That was definitely not a touchdown that the refs counted. Then there was a holding penalty or something that wasn't really a hold...I was going for the Seahawks. :(

4:24 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

That's why I didn't watch Jagger, DJ. 5 seconds was quite enough of that weird.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Pretty sad game. So sorry for all the poor fans out in Washington. Of course we were rooting for the Seahawks too!

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home