What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Whew!

Every year I think that I should do my taxes before April, like in January, but it always gets put off till the second week or so of April. It hasn't been so scary since I've been doing quarterly payments. Last year I even got a refund for some reason. But guess what? It's March 12 and my taxes are filed and the check is going in the mail tomorrow!! Yes, I have to pay out a little bit, but it's not horrendous. I'm just glad to get that load off my mind. I hate paperwork, but I've been blessing myself for keeping pretty meticulous records last year. Made things SO much easier, though it was a pain at the time to keep those meticulous records. I don't know why anyone would want to be an accountant. That's one of the most tortuous jobs I can think of. But thankfully, I have a lovely job that I love. :-) Even if I don't make much money. :-(

3 Comments:

Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Ah yes! Tax time is a comin'! Ol' 'Lanche just ain't got any idea how good he's got it!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

how come you have to pay? I assume because your paycheck doesn't automatically get all those wonderful taxes taken out?

3:32 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I'm self-employed and technically an independent contractor, so nobody withholds anything for me. One of the joys of being self-employed. :-)

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home