What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Words

This is a twofold post about words. First of all, what is happening to the blogging world?? Are we in a slump or what? Okay, some people are veritable fountains of inspiration, but I think there's generally a lethargy pervading blog world. I was looking over some of my old posts last summer and fall and even lamented how much more interesting MY posts were back then! And so many interesting comments, too! But now...it's time for revival, friends! Not that I always check everyone's blogs, nor do I claim to have achieved perfection in this art, but I am sending out a call to each of you to return and blog afresh! Serious, funny, short, long, pictures, clever, dull -- the options are nearly limitless!

My other subject is of a more serious nature. Last week we had a 35th anniversary celebration for my parents. There were over 30 people here. At one point in the program, I had everyone go around the room and share how they knew my parents and what they meant to them. It took awhile, but what a special time! My parents heard how they had positively impacted so many lives. Some people choked up as they shared how much they meant to them. Maybe it was a little uncomfortable for my parents hearing all this praise, but it was also a tremendous encouragement.

We talked about it later and agreed that we shouldn't wait for people's funerals to tell them how much we love for them and how much they impacted our lives. We should take every opportunity to build each other up, to express gratefulness, to say a kind word, to give a gift, to share a hug, to write a note, to say how much we care. Why wait until someone dies and it's too late? In our crazy busy world today, it's still people that matter for eternity. Anyway, just something I've been thinking about lately.

9 Comments:

Blogger CKS said...

Okay, Kristi! Want me to post twice a day instead of just once???

:-)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Craig, you're one of the "fount of inspiration" exceptions. :-) And you already post twice a day sometimes. And haven't I seen three in one day?

6:41 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I have done the exact same thing: looked back and lamented the way my posts seem to be getting more dull. And it would be nice if people posted a bit more often, but I know just what it's like to be too busy to write. Sometimes, also, when I take a long break from blogging, it's nice to come back and find that some people only have one or two new posts to read. You have to keep fully up to date on the posts of some "founts of inspiration" or risk having to read a novel's worth in order to catch up. : )

7:24 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

I don't know what to write.

I've written 3 things, posted once, and then deleted it, lol.

I have alot to say on this subject, and I think I'll make it part of my next post, cause it fits hand in glove with the "popularity and commenting" rant I was cogitating over.

but I can say this, commenting is important! It validates what was written[which is why I feel it is a "necessity" to comment so vociferously]

2:54 PM  
Blogger Mrs. RF said...

I think your two things are connected. We all need affirming words, and sharing things by blogging and commenting helps in the affirmation process. Lets hear it for more words!

5:17 AM  
Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Ol' 'Lanche sez he has noticed from time to time thet some folkses jest seem to pile up words to make a noise and they oughta' wait 'til they have sumpthin' ta say! The Cowpoke thinks we alls should be a-commenting and a posting in the blogosphere regular like so's folkses know yer there!
Mr. P. says just do it! 8~)

8:43 AM  
Blogger redsoxwinthisyear said...

Yup, call it lethargy, or maybe busyness??

3:35 PM  
Blogger ljm said...

Off the subject here but I've enjoyed your Israel pictures.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home