What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggedy-jig!











Well, here are a bunch of pictures, so that should be worth about 9,000 words, right? Okay, I'll add a few more. We got home from New Hampshire (Dad and I flew from Boston) quite late last night and I'm sort of in slow motion today unpacking, doing laundry, catching up on email, teaching, and replenishing Cheeky's empty love tank. He was one happy pussy to see us last night!
Hmm...I just wrote a bunch on my Xanga blog, but for most of my readers on this blog, there won't be anything new to say. I had a great time, even though my back and neck were out and sitting was pretty uncomfortable. Lots of laughter, good conversations, reconnections, worship, prayer, inspiring messages, and family more than made up for it, though!
Highlights of the trip?
~Seeing Jill, Evan, and kiddos. Chloe stole my physical affection loving heart with her tight little hugs!
~Visiting my grandma, who is doing pretty good for a 97 year-old crippled lady.
~Seeing old friends and relatives
~Singing several songs, including a duet with Craig on Sunday morning
~Friendly's and volleyball! And my team won (in spite of me)!
~My first New England snow storm! It was so beautiful!
~Time away from the internet, TV, radios, traffic, and those other things that clutter up our lives.
I have some other trip-related subjects to write about, but I think they'll wait for another day. My fertile, caffeine-fueled brain kept thinking blog thoughts on the flight home, but of course I didn't have any paper to write anything down. So now I'll have to remember it all. Thanks for the great time, my friends who were there!

6 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. RF said...

So glad you are safely home again. And, I love all the pics! More, more, she cried....
Grandma sure looks great...

3:20 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

Great pictures Kristi! It was nice to see you and I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time! Hurray for Friendly's and volleyball :)

6:42 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the snowstorm. I was thinking, "Aaah! Kristi will think the weather is always treacherous in New Hampshire!" In fact, it was 70 degrees the week before.

I enjoyed your songs, and I know just how you feel about getting away from internet and TV and such. Fairwood makes it so much easier. :)

9:14 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

wait, your back and neck were out while out here? or now?

cause if you were playing v-ball like that, that's some serious "gottaplayism" going on :-)

1:38 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Yes, my back and neck were out while I was there, and I hesitated to play volleyball, but not quite enough. ;-) Haven't played for like six months, so I wasn't about to let a little discomfort get in the way! Also, it didn't bother as much when I was moving as when I was sitting still.

1:53 PM  
Blogger drewey fern said...

I'm SO glad you were able to make it, Kristi! And I was also thinking how great it is that we're able to keep in better touch with blogs - I felt like I didn't have to spend mega time catching up when I saw you, but could just get right into the good times:) Hurrah!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home