What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Good things!

Ah, yes, there are good things happening, despite my melancholy Scotch/Irish tendency to see the hole in the donut! Oh, I'm not really that bad. So what has been happening since weddings and Valentine's Day and the touch of spring on Saturday? It rained. Bummer.

When you seek the Lord, He can be found! As I've sought the Lord more diligently lately regarding life direction and various struggles, He has given me verse after verse that is perfect for me. Or I'll read something in a book, or the Holy Spirit whispers a stunning truth, or a friend or cousin sends me an encouraging email. He opens and closes doors. He is good. He is sufficient.

Today I took Zach, Jessica, and Zoe ice skating. They'd been begging to go since I took them for the first time last year. So I took Zoe as part of her birthday present, and of course the other two had to come along for "support." Heh heh. Fortunately, the rink wasn't too busy, so I didn't have to worry about running into too many little kids. To be honest, I haven't been very eager to ice skate since last time because I fell down hard on one of my knees, and my knees already have accident-related issues. So this time I was ready with my big ol' volleyball knee pads! Turns out I should have worn shin guards because I didn't fall down, but Jessie accidentally kicked me in the shin with her skate! Aaaargh! Nothing a bandaid couldn't cover, though.

I got over the yucky bronchitis bug, but my mom has been pretty sick the last few weeks. She finally got some antibiotics on Saturday. She got some fancy shmancy cough syrup which she said knocked her out and probably de-coughed her for life! But now Lori's and Jill's families are sick, too. Poor little Jackson is still in the hospital with a respiratory virus, so be praying that he can come home pronto (hopefully tomorrow).

Goodness gracious, it's almost midnight! I'll write again when I have more interesting stuff to report.

2 Comments:

Blogger lis said...

Skating! Sounds like fun! *feels slightly jealous*

"Proving in every situation that Jesus is enough," to quote one of my favorite people!

Much love...

1:26 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

ow! kicked in the shin with a skate. I winced as I read that...

4:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home