What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Open my eyes...

Today is a little better than the past few days. Why? Because I can keep my eyes open! Do you realize how much we take our eyes for granted? I do anyway. On Saturday morning I woke up with a red, runny left eye. Despite taking some homeopathic drops Lori recommended, it got worse and worse. I played at a restaurant in the evening, which was such bad timing, because I was wearing glasses, my eye looked horrible, I didn't want to look at anybody, and my vision was often impaired by mucuous stuff floating around in my eye. I finally had to stop and leave because it was so bad. I got home around 9 and my mom took me to a clinic where the doctor there diagnosed it as conjunctivitis (infection) and prescribed some antibiotic drops. He said he wouldn't be surprised if the other eye caught it, too.

Sure enough, during church on Sunday, as I either played the piano or listened to the sermon with my eyes closed, I could feel the other eye getting irritated! So Sunday and yesterday were pretty miserable. Oh, I also have a sore throat, which is sort of related. Yesterday I tried to use my eyes as little as possible, which cuts out a lot of activities! I would lie down with my eyes closed, listening to music, or see how much I could walk around without seeing. That certainly makes you more aware of your other senses! Praise the Lord, my eyes are doing a little better this morning, but my throat feels worse, so I'd appreciate prayers for complete healing.

I read in "Streams in the Desert" last night how God allows times of rest in our lives when we think nothing is happening. But the writer compared it to music -- the rests are crucial to the whole composition, just as much as the notes. Trust the "Composer." That was rather timely for me!

5 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Praying. Glad there is some improvment.

11:17 AM  
Blogger drewey fern said...

Fascinating thought from "Stream in the Desert!" Trust your eyes and throat are all better soon - that sounds awful!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

eye problems are indeed the worst!

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been praying for your quick recovery since I first heard of your condition. Having to keep my eyes closed would sure slow me down a lot... I can't imagine what you're going through, but I can empathize!

May God heal you Kristi, quickly and completely!

6:43 PM  
Blogger lis said...

Yes, I know what you mean about those rests. It's so easy to take them as a maddening time out, instead of a breath of fresh air.

Praying!

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home