What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Baking Queen




I think one of my mom's love languages is baking. Especially baking cakes. She loves any opportunity to whip up something sumptuous, and no one ever complains! The white and orange cake is the famous three-layer orange marmalade cake described so much in Jan Karon's Mitford books. It was wonderful! My mom made it for when our pastor's family (all 11 of them!) came over on New Year's Eve. The decadent chocolate cake is one she made today. The occasion? Lori and Chris are moving! They've been moving little by little to the new house near us, but this evening they'll actually move themselves into it. As soon as my mom knew, she planned what to take over for dinner and promptly made this cake. Isn't she sweet? (No pun intended.) Lori the chocolate-lover should be rather pleased.

6 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

I would be pleased, too. That cake looks positively scrumptious!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

I could eat the chocolate one and die happy, it looks good!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Sigh...I want a piece of each, thank you.

8:15 PM  
Blogger lis said...

Now I know what the famous Mitfordian cake looks like! And it looks...yum!

2:51 AM  
Blogger TripleNine said...

Those do look really good. I'm almost inspired to go and make one for myself. Almost.

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to a bite of another cake your mother is planning to bake... :-D

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home