What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Bing History and Dirty Showers

Did you know that Bing Crosby was born in Tacoma, Washington? I just learned that recently, and felt a sense of hobnobbing with the famous or something like that. He has a rather interesting history that I was reading in the Wikipedia. Quite a guy. Can you imagine Christmas without hearing him sing "White Christmas"? But did you know that he was 51 when he made the movie of that title? His leading lady was probably half his age. Funny you don't notice things like age in movies.

This morning I was taking a shower, singing, I think, and happily in my own little shower world. It wasn't until I dropped the bar of soap that I saw with horror -- even without contacts in -- that the water coming down was brown! Yikes! I turned it off quickly and got out. I ran the water for awhile and it spewed out really dark brown stuff, then tapered to light brown. Sewage came to mind, but it was just dirt, I think. My shower and bath looked pretty disgusting. I don't know how long I had been showering in this stuff, because I wasn't looking at the water the whole time. So my hair was dripping brown water on my white bathrobe. Aaagh! That's about what I imagine it's like to shower in the Jordan River. It was about 4 hours before the water had cleared up and I could take another shower to remove all brownness from myself. We don't know what caused it, but hopefully it won't happen again. Fortunately I didn't have to go anywhere this morning.

1 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

Oh Gross! I shudder in sympathy. I think I would go ballistic if something like that happened to me!

and why does everyone use Bing Crosby as the standard of singing? Personally, I can't stand that style of singing, so I've never understood peoples fascination with him...

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home