What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I Couldn't Wait!





So...I said we were waiting till Friday to decorate, but I just bought this village and accessories and couldn't wait to see how it all looked! I love it. It's on the music table in my music room, which is one of the front rooms of the house. The five buildings are all lit by one string and the little lamposts are all lit by one battery-operated string. The little town makes me think of Mitford or Bedford Falls!The picture over the table is of sunny Tuscany, so I'm trying to decide if it's too incongruous to leave it over this snowy scene!

My mom's already made a couple pies this morning, I'll make a couple soon, and I think she's making another one later. Lori's kids are coming over this afternoon. I'm sure we'll have a merry time. I got the new Ice Age movie to watch tonight, hoping it's as funny as it looks. In the morning I might go down to Krispy Kreme with a kid or two and get some donuts. Then we'll read the Thanksgiving story from Barbara Rainey's wonderful book, followed by a time of recounting our blessings. We usually have snacks for lunch and then eat the grand feast at 3:00. We'll eat way too quickly (all that work!), clean up, sit around like stuffed pigs, maybe work on a Wysocki puzzle (the best!), eat pie and drink coffee, talk and laugh, and maybe watch a Christmas movie.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! And, I love your village. I don't blame you for putting it up early!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Linds said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

how was the movie?

5:26 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Maybe not as good as the first one, but still pretty funny.

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home