What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Monday, November 20, 2006

My Dress



As requested, here is a picture of my new dress and shoes. Ignore the lousy end-of-the-day hair and makeup!

I played at this little fine-dining restaurant Saturday night, where, because of a big football game (we presumed), there were only 11 customers all evening! But it worked out okay for me -- I got fed dinner, was given a $50 tip by one customer, was given some left-over prime rib to take home, and got to go home earlier than I was supposed to! My back has really been bothering me, so I was just as glad not to spend another hour at the harp.

Yesterday was another long day, but not in a bad way. We went to church in the morning, I practiced with the choir, then we spent the afternoon at our pastor's house prior to going back to church in the evening for a potluck and meeting. It was the annual soup supper where families bring soups, breads, and desserts. Some people will sample a multitude of soups, but I was very blah and ate only one! I did have several breads and desserts, though.

So now we're re-grouping and preparing for Thanksgiving! Wednesday is pie making day, Thursday is the big day, and Friday is decorating for Christmas day. :-) Should be a good week!

7 Comments:

Blogger lis said...

Pretty dress! Thanks for humoring us and showing it off. :O)

12:46 PM  
Blogger ljm said...

Yes, thanks! I wish I had those kind of sewing skills.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Susan Elizabeth said...

Very Graceful looking. Perfect for harp-playing...and maybe ballroom dancing?

2:53 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

It's beautiful! Nicely done! The brown looks rich with your blond hair.

3:26 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

man, decorating for Christmas? I know the stores are already doing that, but I thought your family was Christian, with some good taste! ;-)

nice dress...

4:44 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

What does 'good taste' have to do with decorating early for Christmas??

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I put the Christmas tree last Saturday! (The "girls"---mom and younger sister---worked on decorating it tonight...) We like to have it up for Thanksgiving in our home.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home