What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Winter Storm



We've had the craziest weather this month, from major rain to record snowfall. On Saturday I'd gone up to BC, just over the border, and then stopped for dinner with some friends in Bellingham, just this side of the border. There was a little snow on the ground, and I knew a lot was predicted for the night. I left around 7:00 and snow was already falling so hard I could barely see the road. Fortunately, when I went farther south it stopped. Bellingham ended up getting over 10 inches, so I'm glad I left when I did! Other places around Washington have gotten a lot of snow and ice, but we didn't get any until last night. It was only about 3 or 4 inches, but it was pretty!

The snow actually started falling last night during the Seahawk's game with the Packers in Seattle (we won!). The snow, wet roads, super cold temperatures, and basically non-existent DOT help (salt, sand, plows) created a mess that's lasted through today. The roads are terrible. Vehicles have been wrecked or abandoned all over the place. News stations advised people to stay home, which we heeded. I didn't have to go anywhere anyway, so I revelled in looking at the beautiful scene in our neighborhood and taking a walk this morning with my dad. We stayed cozy and busy inside. The sun did come out, making the snow sparkle and melt a little. But it's still cold, so we'll probably have more icy conditions tomorrow.

Why do we never get snow on Christmas Eve, like in the movies??

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Three cheers for your snow...glad it is you not me!!!! I enjoyed the pics.

2:48 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

We're having crazy weather too: temperatures in the sixties for most of the week, without a hint of snow (just rain :( ). On the other hand, we had snow on Christmas Eve a couple years ago, and there was so much that Uncle Neil's family couldn't make it, and our guest list was cut in half.

Just thought I'd warn you before you prayed too hard for a Christmas storm... :)

6:11 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Doesn't that lower picture look like a little bird ice rink? :-)

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it does! It even has a nice little "pad" around the edge for the beginning birds!

:-J

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home