What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Wonder of Wonders...

You may remember last summer or fall when I wrote about my driver's window suddenly not working. So inconvenient when going through a Starbucks drive-thru or the Canadian customs! I had taken the van to a Chevy dealership to get a repair quote. They said it was the motor in the door which controlled the window and the interior lights. The astronomical sum for the part and labor was over $700! I blanched and said I couldn't do it then. So I put it off for months cause there was no way I could come up with that amount of money for that repair, especially after having my brakes worked on.

Well, at some point in the last month, the dealership where my dad got my van called. I'm not sure what they called about, but they talked to my mom. They're very big on service. It's been almost three years since we bought the van there! Anyway, she mentioned something about my window and they said to bring it in there to look at. I hadn't thought about that, but figured I'd do that sometime this month. They called again last week and talked to me, mentioning the problem. They put me in touch with the service manager, who said he could get the part wholesale, it would take about an hour or less of labor (the other place said 3 hours), and the whole thing would be about $220. You better believe I made an appointment right then! I tell ya, it sure pays to just wait and trust when you face a big expense, especially if it has to do with non-emergency car repairs.

So I went in yesterday morning to get the part replaced. I sat in the little waiting room and the mechanic went out to look at the van. After about 5 minutes he came back in with a puzzled expression on his face. He asked, "Does this problem come and go?" or something like that. I said it never worked. Well, the window would go down a little bit, but then I had to restart the car to get it up again. He said that he'd rolled the window down and up with no problem! I picked my jaw up off the floor and said, "You're kidding?!" Nope. Just to be sure, he looked in the door, lubed things up, and pronounced it good. He also showed me where the dome light had gotten turned off. Feeling half amazed and half sheepish, I thanked him profusely (what a mechanic!) and drove off without having paid a cent!! Praise the Lord!! Did God heal my van or was it just a fluke? I'm inclined to believe the former, especially as it was going to severely challenge my bank account for the month to get it fixed. God does provide in mysterious ways!

4 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

Boo to cars!

Hurray for God!

and glad things got "fixed" for free :-)

2:16 PM  
Blogger Mrs. RF said...

God is good!

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Malachi 3:11 & 12 ~ "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts."

I know I am feeling the "open windows of Heaven" in my life right now! To God be the glory!!

10:11 AM  
Blogger lis said...

Wow!!!!!!

*feels all encouraged*

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home