What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Monday, January 29, 2007

January is Almost Over!

January is okay, but I'm always relieved when it's over because it means spring is that much closer! Around here, the bulbs are starting to poke out their pointy heads. We've had some gorgeous sunshine, which means rosy sunsets and crystal clear mountain peaks.

Thanks for the prayers -- my eyes are much, much better! I wore contacts yesterday, which I was so happy about because my glasses vision isn't very good. But I've got this little annoying lump in my throat which doesn't want to go away. Several people in our church had the same thing and told me the sore throat sticks around for awhile after the eyes heal. O joy. So watch out for people with red eyes!! You don't want to get this stuff.

February will be the month of weddings, with my friend Erika getting married this Saturday, and friends Jeremy and Rachel getting married the following Saturday. Happy occasions, especially as I get to take part. ;-) But remember how Scripture says it's better to go into the house of mourning than the house of joy? Well, I guess the joyous weddings were balanced by two funerals last Saturday! Except I only went to one. My dad was fortunate to go to Aunt Eunice's funeral in NH. Wish I could have been there to see all the relatives! My mom and I went to the funeral for our friend Barbara.

Funerals, for me, are a great time to examine my own life, to question what I'll be remembered for. There were many people at this funeral, and the primary characteristic that people remembered about Barbara was love. Unconditional love. She reached out with acceptance to all sorts of people. And most of all, she loved the Lord and loved to share Him with others. I think what people remember about Aunt Eunice's life was love. I didn't know her well, but I was always glad to see her and fondly remember her loving graciousness.

Whether I die this year or in 60 years, I really hope it can be said of me that the consuming passion of my life was Jesus Christ, and that the most obvious quality to others was genuine love for people. All the accomplishments and talents we may have pale in comparison to the importance of those two attributes. I have a long ways to go, but thank God, He promised to finish the good work He began!

2 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

Whoohoo for January being almost over!!! Bring on Summer :-)

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring on February!

(Actually I wish there was another month between now and February... But since there isn't, I look forward to it! Very, very much!) :-D

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home