What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Changes in the Wind?

Maybe. Nope, not getting married yet. But I did spend a busy morning cleaning the house spotless this morning. Wasn't even a Friday, so why should I do a thing like that? Because a realtor came by this afternoon to take pictures. That's right, folks, a realtor. We're going to shake off the dust of this crummy little town and see the world!! Just kidding. I just had a George Bailey moment there. After much deliberation, mind changing, and prayer, we are putting our house on the market. If it sells in the next month or two, we'll move to the house my dad's building, which should be done next month. Putting this on the market is sort of our "fleece," seeing where God wants us.

You may ask, why do you want to move? I'll tell you. I don't know. (Hehe, couldn't resist that Tevye quote!) We love our house here, and it's really been perfect for us in size and shape. We've got a lovely yard, lots of sunshine (when it's out), a little view of Mt. Rainier, and proximity to just about everything. We definitely have mixed feelings about moving, especially with Lori & Chris nearby. BUT the other house is near our church and church family (presently 1 hour away), is in a beautiful neighborhood, and would be a financial investment for future retirement. I'm excited about getting my own little "suite," with a larger room and private bathroom. :-) That's what I have now, except when company is here. However, I'd miss my separate music room I have now, which is ideal for teaching and practicing. Ah, well, it would all work out.

Meanwhile, life will be a little more unsettled as we attempt to keep the house spotless and clutter free, like we don't live here, for any realtor who wants to show it off. Then if it sells, we'll be packing and moving to a whole new county. We shall see, folks, what God has in store for us.

3 Comments:

Blogger Booker said...

Well, now that is cool news! Of course, trying to keep a house looking like nobody lives there might be a stress inducer. But I guess you can put up with just about anything for 1 month...

3:21 AM  
Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Exciting times..am praying...enjoy the process.

6:38 AM  
Blogger drewey fern said...

I loved your George Bailey moment! May you find God leading every step...

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home