What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Soon and very soon...

...we are going to leave this house! This might be my last post for awhile because I'll pack up the computer tomorrow and we're moving Thursday. The house isn't ready for the final inspection yet, so though we'll move our stuff in, we'll be sleeping in the "carriage house" of a kind couple in our church. Packing is going well; I think we'll be ready when the movers show up bright and early Thursday. I'm going over tomorrow afternoon to clean the new house with some helpful friends. I've got a little hitch in my back from all the heavy lifting and moving I've done, but overall, I'm doing pretty good! The Lord has been reminding me this week of important instructions regarding trusting in Him and not leaning on my own understanding, keeping a quiet heart, looking at uncertainties as an adventure, and just being grateful that I have a place to live.

My biggest worry, which some out there will appreciate, is moving my kitty with the least amount of problem. Since we're going to be living in one little place before we actually live in our house, he's going to have two new locations to deal with, which is very hard on such a territorial animal. I'll probably have to keep him in his carrier some of the time. So just pray that he'll make the transition smoothly and not take out his stress on any rugs or bedspreads. :-) The Lord has His eye on the sparrows, so I'm sure He must look out for the pussy cats, too!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Will continue to pray. And, I can relate with the whole kitty issue. Poor Max had to travel two days in the car, stay one night in a strange place, and then spend nearly a week in another strange place before we actually moved into this place. But, he survived, and adapted well. I am sure Cheeky will be fine!

3:51 AM  
Blogger Booker said...

Bwahahhahaa!

You can give that evil laugh directly to the portly cat himself :-)

Good luck with the moving. Trusting your back will be ok too...

2:21 PM  
Blogger drewey fern said...

Happy moving!!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home