What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Another Year

Since I'm not sure I'll have time to write tomorrow, I'm writing this tonight. Twenty-six years ago tomorrow, I was a big tummyache in my mom's tummy until the evening of that momentous August 10. My mom had strong indications the time had come, so in we went to John Muir Hospital in Walnut Creek, CA. Things were going well until I decided to be contrary and start with my feet instead of my head. Oops! Bad idea. Doctors don't like that sort of attitude. My mom was rushed into surgery for a caesarian (sp?), and out I came, fine and healthy!

My dad likes to say, "I'm glad you decided to come and stay with us!" Well, I am, too! Glad, that is, that God set me into such a wonderful family. I have been so blessed with awesome parents who have loved each other and brought me up "in the fear and admonition of the Lord." I was a bit of a handful at times, but with patience they loved me, disciplined me, and gave me wonderful opportunities for spiritual and mental growth. I'm thankful for two beautiful sisters who put up with me and are so supportive and caring.

I'm grateful for God's miraculous protection in several near-death instances. When I was around 2 years old, I struggled to breathe one night. My concerned parents took me into the emergency room, where I was diagnosed with epiglottitis. The usual treatment was a tracheotomy (I'm guessing at these spellings!), but they were able to treat me another way and saved my life. If I'd had a tracheotomy, I might not be able to sing like I can now. There was the time when I was about 6 and I was pushed into the deep end of a pool. I remember going down to the bottom of the pool and somehow going from there to the bottom of the shallow end, where Jill rescued me. I think an angel might have been involved there. At 18 I was swimming in a lake, when my bloodsugar went wacko and I quickly lost strength while in the deep part. I weakly cried out to my friend who was near shore, and she made haste to rescue me. Those are just a few examples of God's faithfulness in dangerous situations.

What a peace and joy there is in being right in the middle of God's will! Just knowing He has a wonderful purpose for my life and He's orchestrating every day. "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want." I like that verse, 'cause it reminds me of the meaning of my name: "Follower of Christ."

13 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Happy Birthday Kristi! Have a wonderful day!

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday!
Love,
Lisa

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

♪♪Happy Birthday to you, ♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you, ♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday dear Kristi, ♪♪
♪♪Happy Birthday to you! ♪♪

I too am glad God spared your life those times. And I wonder how many more there were that you are unaware of.

:-J

9:08 AM  
Blogger drewey fern said...

Happy Birthday, Kristi! I trust that you have another God blessed year. And I hope the year includes another visit out East:)

9:18 AM  
Blogger Loreo said...

Happy, happy birthday! We're glad you decided to come and stay with us and that you didn't perish any of those times! :)

12:38 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

Well, might as well join in with the crowd and wish you a happy birthday too. the responsibilities of being a blogger are endless, a burden upon your shoulders never to be lifted.[all said in a puddleglum voice]

:) :)

1:15 PM  
Blogger CKS said...

jill RESCUED you???

WHAT WAS SHE THINKING!!!!!!

Hmmm...apparently, she wasn't...thinking, that is.

Happy birthday, Krishna! And many happy returns! I, too, trust for an amazing year ahead.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

And I'M so glad you decided to come and live with us! I can't imagine life without you. You added so much sparkle and color to our family growing up. I'm so proud of you and the way you have let the Lord have complete control of your life, how He is everything to you, how you excel in the talents God gave you, how you bless others with your music and your friends and family with your loving personality. Happy birthday!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Jeremy, those little music notes are cool!
Thank you, Andrea -- I do, too!
Thank you, sisters and friends for the kind thoughts!
And thank you, Craig, for the warm insults. :-)

10:34 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Lots of love from both me and Brad...:)

3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked them. And I'm glad you think they're "cool" and not "cute". ;~)

They are easy to do, all you have to do is... Well, never mind---us nerds need SOME secrets!

:-J

3:19 PM  
Blogger Laughter said...

Use the Charater Map.

Go to: start/all programs/accessories/system tools/ character map

Sorry Jeremy, lol.

:-D

10:54 AM  
Blogger pennyjean said...

Well, better late than never. I love you Kristi and hope you had a wonderful birthday! God bless you in the year ahead!

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home