What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Guess Where I'm Going?

We used to take a lot of road trips across the country when I was younger, and we would play various games to help pass the time. One of our favorites was "When I go to Jerusalem, I'm going to take an...apple, banana, cat, dog, elephant, frog, grape, etc." Each person would add something according to the alphabet and go through the whole list. It did get tedious, but accomplished the goal of helping the miles go faster.

But NOW I can say, "When I go to Jerusalem..." for real! Since I first went there in 1999 for a study tour, I've longed to return, and now the dream is coming true! I just bought a ticket this morning to spend about 10 days there in April, visiting Lisa and seeing that heavenly city. I'm hoping no unrest or terrorist attacks will send me to the real Heavenly City while I'm there, but I feel confident in God's direction. I mean, not that I don't WANT to go to heaven as soon as I can, but I have a certain affinity for life, too. What's exciting is that I'll be there for Passover, Good Friday, and Easter! I can't imagine any better place to be for those events.

Did anyone see that commercial during the Superbowl showing these football guys in various places and poses saying, "I'm going to Disneyworld." It was like they were practicing for the commercial, trying to get the perfect nuance. They'd say,
"I'M going to Disneyworld!"
"I'm GOING to Disneyworld!"
"I'm going to DISNEYWORLD!"
"I'M GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!!" Said one guy enthusiastically, then shaking his head and muttering, "Nah, too much."
It was funny.
Anyway, yesterday I started practicing:
"I'M going to Jerusalem!"
"I'm GOING to Jerusalem!"
"I'm going to JERUSALEM!"
"I'M GOING TO JERUSALEM!!"

This will definitely give me something to look forward to, something that will brighten up the routine, ho-hum, winter days. And no, I'm not taking any passengers in my suitcase!

6 Comments:

Blogger lis said...

Guess who else is having their winter brightened? Me!

*big happy sigh

:O)

1:56 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

Congrats! I hope you have a fabulous time :-)

and on a completely different note, I am looking into getting a treadmill. Since I know you use one, tell me about it and the pro's and cons. Mainly, I am wondering if I should spend the extra money to get an electric one, or just buy the plain old manual kind[and much cheaper]. Let me know your thots...

6:22 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I'm no expert on treadmills, but I know my dad got ours at Sears and it was pretty reasonable. Sometimes you can find deals through the newspaper. I'm not familiar with the manual kind, but like Lori said, there is the fold-up variety.
When I first went looking, I was kind of intimidated by the super serious looking models. They had all sorts of gadgets. What I like about ours is its functional simplicity. You can choose your speed and that's the only thing you control. A little window shows you your speed, your time, your distance, and your calories burned.
I guess you just have to look around and find what works best for you, for your space, and for your bank account. :-) Good luck!

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun and exciting! I'm sure you're really going to enjoy your trip!

8:25 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

Kritty, I'm SO glad you get to go to Israel! And I laughed when I read your blog about how you were saying "I'm going to Jerusalem" in different ways. I trust you'll have a fabulous time. What a way to brighten your winter!

9:40 AM  
Blogger drewey fern said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! YIPPEEEEEE!

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home