What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Tired

I think I need a vacation. I've been so stinking tired this past week. It's mostly physically, but kind of all over, too. I'm tired of cold, gray days. Warm sunshine, please. I'm tired of the pressure for perfection -- in music, in business, in relationships, in example, etc. I'm tired of getting up early every morning and spending my tired evenings in practice. I'm tired of all my friends being too far away or busy to spend time with (not that I have time, either). And I'm already tired of griping on my blog!! I've really gotta shake these tired blues.

So what are some good things right now?
  • Psalm 23
  • Hugs (esp. from little children)
  • The prospect of going to Israel
  • Blossoms
  • General good health (besides the no energy part)
  • I made a pretty good CD yesterday for my upcoming competition
  • Understanding, loving, wise parents
  • Beautiful music that touches the soul

10 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. RF said...

Isn't it neat that we can always find things that are good! Wish I could send you some of my sunshine. It sure helped give me fresh courage today.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Brenda Jo said...

I prayed for you. Love you.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Avalanche Cowpoke said...

Buzzyness is indeed tiring. Ain't nuthin' like parkin' my ol' carcass horizontal like and a-watchin' them white fluffy clouds go by, a-breathin' in the sagbrushy air and...

7:03 AM  
Blogger lis said...

Praying! :O)

10:24 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Thanks, friends. I've been feeling the prayers. :-)

8:52 PM  
Blogger redsoxwinthisyear said...

Posts like this help prove the absolute necessity that teachers get summers off. And I also hope you find rejuvenation shortly, even before the long anticiapted vacation!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Now if only I could get a paid summer vacation! :-)

10:24 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

Wanna come over tonight and watch a movie and eat ice cream with me? :-) Sure wish we weren't so far apart either and that there was something I could do to lift your spirits. I can pray for you at least, and I will be, dear sister.

5:42 AM  
Blogger redsoxwinthisyear said...

You don't get paid for your summer vacation? Teach in a public school, and that could change! Of course, there might be some other drawbacks that wouldn't make it worth it...

9:35 AM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Heh heh, I don't plan to teach in the public school! Christian school kids have spoiled me. I'm on a ten month payment schedule. At least I can still make some money during those other two months teaching private lessons and performing.

Praise the Lord that He provides every need whether I'm rolling in the dough or not!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home