What Kristi's Harping On Now

The occasional ramblings, meditations, and thrilling adventures of Kristi A.

Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I am a follower of Christ, wife, musician, daughter, sister, aunt, student, and friend.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Crazy Dream!

Last night I had this vivid dream that Jill and I were driving down a road near our house at night, when we noticed a large male lion lolloping (I love that word) across a field toward us. But he actually went ahead of us and kept running down the road faster than our 35 mph. Of course we were pretty alarmed and wondering what in the world this African lion was doing in a highly residential area. So I whipped out my cell phone (Jill was driving) and called 911. I got really frustrated, though, when I couldn't get a live person, but a recording with a bunch of number options (dial 3 for such and such, 4 for so and so, etc.). By that time the lion had veered off into a side street as we continued. The last thing I remember was trying to get to the police station.

It was such a real feeling dream that I remember telling other people in my dream the experience. But I did wake up and saw my little miniature lion snoozing next to me. All cats run the same, so maybe seeing him galloping around the house during the day triggered this lion dream!

3 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

Wow- those real feeling dreams throw you for a loop, eh?

I had a super real feeling dream the other night that Brad and I had planted a bomb in a mall and for some reason, the Feds were after Brad and not me...b/c after all, it was really Brad's plan and I just aided and abetted him so I was a lesser criminal. Brad couldn't flee the country b/c he didn't have a passport...and so he ended up hiding out in an obscure little town in Maine - running a bait and tackle shop. We had to live apart from each other. I remember feeling so sad and devastated and angry. I woke up convinced it was all real...and I was SO GLAD to realize it never happened.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Booker said...

Did you have to press 1 for English?

I can remember only a couple of dreams in which it was so real that when I woke up I had an adverse reaction to realizing it was a dream. Sometimes I really like to go back...

5:26 PM  
Blogger lis said...

Sometimes I wish I could press 1 for English!!

That's a cool dream! The ones I really hate are the ones where I'm simply horrible to someone, and wake up with that sinking feeling, "Oh no, now I have to apologize!"

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home